Right now Mercury has just gone retrograde in Aries. This means it is going backward in the sky. So if you are experiencing, restlessness, setbacks and just general overall grumpiness, funny energy, & feel a bit up against a sharp edge in yourself; Don't worry, your not alone!
Trust your Inner Voice! Listen to the guidance you are being given. When aspects like this show up it is easy to have a an out of wack inner critic. When you start to listen to that still small, but persistent Inner Voice the inner critic may want to shut you down and deny you the experience of connecting with your heart & your soul. This is because the inner critic is connected to painful experiences or wounds you have felt. The inner critic would rather protect you from more pain even if that means keeping you from new pleasure & positive experiences as well. The inner critic may say general things like..."You can't do anything right." "Those are the same ideas you always have." And, "Someone has already done that." But it It can say specific things too like, "That's just my monkey mind." When really you may be on the verge of a great ingenious idea that when tended closely & lovingly could lead to a whole new resonant awareness or creative part of yourself! When your inner critic feels big & your authentic self feels small (which happens to all of us at times) there are some clear steps you can take to build up your authentic self & tone down your inner critic. (who by the way just wants love too but might not know productie ways to get it).
Right now you can:
1)Honor the fact that you are a little off & contract with yourself to turn inward & refuel.
2) Do kind, loving & pleasurable things for yourself. For instance, take a walk in nature. This will get you out of your head & into a more soulful loving space in yourself.
3) Do extend loving support to others when they need it. This puts us in a place of gratitude & receiving.
4) Do notice the needs of your body. Stay away from fatty, fake or high carb foods. Eat whole foods instead!
5) Make an agreement with yourself to be a curious playful observer. Hold off from assessing the reasons for things for the time being.
6)Do write present centered affirmations. These are positive things you are manifesting in your Soul self or most inspired self! Say them often & put them somewhere you can see them.
7) Do allow yourself ample space for creative expression! Cook, sing or try your hand at a new project like collaging or journaling.
8)Do meditate work with your chakras, set your intention with stones or other objects in nature or whatever connects you with a sense of the spirtual. Whatever takes you there will work. If you are are looking for ways to connect spiritually feel free to fill out the form on the first page & I'll send you my e-book on Balancing your chakras to get you started!
Just like there are some things you can actively do to connect with your creative authentic self, there are also some things you might want to steer away from when your inner critic is taking up a lot of extra headspace:
1) Try not to sit in one place to long, move your body & bring new experiences and fresh energies into your life.
2)Don't compare your work to others, this gets the inner critic going with the general comments shared at the beginning of this blog. Look for a day when your authentic self is clear, sunny & very open to possibility & opportunity to do evaluative types of work.
3)Don't engage in what I call "water cooler talk" this is he said, she said gossip about other people. It is low energy & leads to suspicion & often inner ridicule.
4) Try to limit engaging folks who focus on cultural generalizations like, all men are bad. Or, there are no good jobs out there etc... Don't try to win them over either. This will drain your energy too. Just choose to limit your time with them.
5)Don't take too much media in. This can be ungrounding & the bulk of it is often focused on *You guessed it* Comparisons.
This list can ceratianly be added to! What helps you let your creative authentic self take up more space? And what helps you channel your inner critic back into helping you make better more loving choices? Please share your comments as well as ideas for & comments about this blog in the comments section below! I'd love to hear from you! <3
All writing is © Jennifer Sieck. I own the copyrightes to all writing
that appears on this website and blog unless otherwise noted. Thank you!